A lot of people ask me, "is sugar free cake mix for diabetics good for a diabetic patient?"
The answer, like most things in life, is it depends. Let me explain.
- Sugar free cake mix does not automatically mean that the cake will be low in carbohydrates.
- Carbohydrates are converted to glucose (sugar) in the body and too many carbohydrates can raise blood sugar levels.
- So, if you are going to use a sugar free cake mix, be sure to read the label to see how many carbohydrates are in each serving.
- You may need to adjust your insulin dose accordingly.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that sugar free does not necessarily mean calorie free.
- Although there may be fewer calories in a sugar free cake than a regular cake, the calories can still add up.
- And remember, calories from any source - whether it's sugar or fat - can contribute to weight gain.
So, if you are trying to lose or maintain your weight, use portion control when eating sugar free cake.
To sum it up, whether or not sugar free cake mix is good for diabetics depends on a few factors.
Be sure to check the carbohydrate content and adjust your insulin dose accordingly.
Use portion control when eating any type of cake - sugar free or not - to prevent weight gain.
Enjoy some coffee with the best coffee creamer for diabetics by tapping below.